Not Valid for Submission
D03.7 is a non-specific and non-billable diagnosis code code, consider using a code with a higher level of specificity for a diagnosis of melanoma in situ of lower limb, including hip. The code is not specific and is NOT valid for the year 2021 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. Category or Header define the heading of a category of codes that may be further subdivided by the use of 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th characters.
Specific Coding for Melanoma in situ of lower limb, including hip
Non-specific codes like D03.7 require more digits to indicate the appropriate level of specificity. Consider using any of the following ICD-10 codes with a higher level of specificity when coding for melanoma in situ of lower limb, including hip:
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code D03.7 are found in the index:
Information for Patients
Melanoma is the most serious type of skin cancer. Often the first sign of melanoma is a change in the size, shape, color, or feel of a mole. Most melanomas have a black or black-blue area. Melanoma may also appear as a new mole. It may be black, abnormal, or "ugly looking."
Thinking of "ABCDE" can help you remember what to watch for:
- Asymmetry - the shape of one half does not match the other
- Border - the edges are ragged, blurred or irregular
- Color - the color is uneven and may include shades of black, brown and tan
- Diameter - there is a change in size, usually an increase
- Evolving - the mole has changed over the past few weeks or months
Surgery is the first treatment of all stages of melanoma. Other treatments include chemotherapy and radiation, biologic, and targeted therapies. Biologic therapy boosts your body's own ability to fight cancer. Targeted therapy uses substances that attack cancer cells without harming normal cells.
NIH: National Cancer Institute
- After chemotherapy - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Melanoma (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Melanoma of the eye (Medical Encyclopedia)
[Learn More in MedlinePlus]