Valid for Submission
C57.20 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of unspecified round ligament. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code C57.20 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like malignant neoplasm of round ligament or neoplasm of round ligament of uterus or primary malignant neoplasm of round ligament of uterus.
The code C57.20 is applicable to female patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient.
|Short Description:||Malignant neoplasm of unspecified round ligament|
|Long Description:||Malignant neoplasm of unspecified round ligament|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Malignant neoplasm of round ligament
- Neoplasm of round ligament of uterus
- Primary malignant neoplasm of round ligament of uterus
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code C57.20 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 736 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 737 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 738 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
- 739 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 740 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 741 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert C57.20 to ICD-9
- 183.5 - Mal neo round ligament (Approximate Flag)
Malignant neoplasms of female genital organs (C51-C58)
Malignant neoplasm of other and unsp female genital organs (C57)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020