Valid for Submission
C57.12 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of malignant neoplasm of left broad ligament. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions.
The code C57.12 is applicable to female patients only. It is clinically and virtually impossible to use this code on a non-female patient.
|Short Description:||Malignant neoplasm of left broad ligament|
|Long Description:||Malignant neoplasm of left broad ligament|
The Medicare Code Editor (MCE) detects and reports errors in the coding of claims data. The following ICD-10 Code Edits are applicable to this code:
- Diagnoses for females only - Medicare Code Editor detects inconsistencies between a patient’s sex and any diagnosis on the patient’s record, this code applies to FEMALES only
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code C57.12 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 736 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 737 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 738 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR OVARIAN OR ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
- 739 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH MCC
- 740 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITH CC
- 741 - UTERINE, ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-OVARIAN AND NON-ADNEXAL MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert C57.12 to ICD-9
- 183.3 - Mal neo broad ligament (Approximate Flag)
Malignant neoplasms of female genital organs (C51-C58)
Malignant neoplasm of other and unsp female genital organs (C57)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020