Valid for Submission
B30.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of viral conjunctivitis, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code B30.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acute epidemic conjunctivitis or bilateral viral conjunctivitis or conjunctivitis of left eye caused by virus or conjunctivitis of right eye caused by virus or viral conjunctivitis.
|Short Description:||Viral conjunctivitis, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Viral conjunctivitis, unspecified|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code B30.9 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acute epidemic conjunctivitis
- Bilateral viral conjunctivitis
- Conjunctivitis of left eye caused by virus
- Conjunctivitis of right eye caused by virus
- Viral conjunctivitis
- CONJUNCTIVITIS VIRAL-. inflammation often mild of the conjunctiva caused by a variety of viral agents. conjunctival involvement may be part of a systemic infection.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code B30.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 124 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITH MCC
- 125 - OTHER DISORDERS OF THE EYE WITHOUT MCC
Convert B30.9 to ICD-9
- 077.99 - Unsp ds conjuc viruses
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Other viral diseases (B25-B34)
Viral conjunctivitis (B30)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020