Valid for Submission
B08.3 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of erythema infectiosum [fifth disease]. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code B08.3 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like disease due to parvoviridae or infection caused by erythroparvovirus or primate erythroparvovirus 1 infection.
|Short Description:||Erythema infectiosum [fifth disease]|
|Long Description:||Erythema infectiosum [fifth disease]|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code B08.3 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Disease due to Parvoviridae
- Infection caused by Erythroparvovirus
- Primate erythroparvovirus 1 infection
- ERYTHEMA INFECTIOSUM-. contagious infection with human b19 parvovirus most commonly seen in school age children and characterized by fever headache and rashes of the face trunk and extremities. it is often confused with rubella.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code B08.3 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2019 through 09/30/2020.
- 865 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITH MCC
- 866 - VIRAL ILLNESS WITHOUT MCC
Convert B08.3 to ICD-9
- 057.0 - Erythema infectiosum
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Viral infections characterized by skin and mucous membrane lesions (B00-B09)
Oth viral infect with skin and mucous membrane lesions, NEC (B08)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020