Valid for Submission
A37.00 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of whooping cough due to bordetella pertussis without pneumonia. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A37.00 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like acute bacterial bronchitis or conjunctivitis due to bordetella pertussis or healthcare associated pertussis or pertussis.
|Short Description:||Whooping cough due to Bordetella pertussis without pneumonia|
|Long Description:||Whooping cough due to Bordetella pertussis without pneumonia|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A37.00 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Acute bacterial bronchitis
- Conjunctivitis due to Bordetella pertussis
- Healthcare associated pertussis
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A37.00 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 202 - BRONCHITIS AND ASTHMA WITH CC/MCC
- 203 - BRONCHITIS AND ASTHMA WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert A37.00 to ICD-9
- 033.0 - Bordetella pertussis (Approximate Flag)
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020