Valid for Submission
A27.9 is a billable code used to specify a medical diagnosis of leptospirosis, unspecified. The code is valid for the year 2020 for the submission of HIPAA-covered transactions. The ICD-10-CM code A27.9 might also be used to specify conditions or terms like anicteric leptospirosis, anicteric leptospirosis, leptospira infection of the central nervous system, leptospiral rash, leptospirosis, leptospirosis immune phase, etc
|Short Description:||Leptospirosis, unspecified|
|Long Description:||Leptospirosis, unspecified|
Index to Diseases and Injuries
The Index to Diseases and Injuries is an alphabetical listing of medical terms, with each term mapped to one or more ICD-10 code(s). The following references for the code A27.9 are found in the index:
The following clinical terms are approximate synonyms or lay terms that might be used to identify the correct diagnosis code:
- Anicteric leptospirosis
- Anicteric leptospirosis
- Leptospira infection of the central nervous system
- Leptospiral rash
- Leptospirosis immune phase
- Leptospirosis leptospiremic phase
- Leptospirosis with cutaneous involvement
- Miscarriage due to Leptospira
- LEPTOSPIROSIS-. infections with bacteria of the genus leptospira.
- WEIL DISEASE-. a severe form of leptospirosis usually caused by leptospira interrogans serovar icterohaemorrhagiae and occasionally other serovars. it is transmitted to humans by the rat and is characterized by hemorrhagic and renal symptoms with accompanying jaundice.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The ICD-10 code A27.9 is grouped in the following groups for version MS-DRG V37.0 What are Diagnostic Related Groups?
The Diagnostic Related Groups (DRGs) are a patient classification scheme which provides a means of relating the type of patients a hospital treats. The DRGs divides all possible principal diagnoses into mutually exclusive principal diagnosis areas referred to as Major Diagnostic Categories (MDC). applicable from 10/01/2020 through 09/30/2020.
- 867 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 868 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 869 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert A27.9 to ICD-9
- 100.9 - Leptospirosis NOS
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Certain zoonotic bacterial diseases (A20-A28)
- FY 2016 - New Code, effective from 10/1/2015 through 9/30/2016
(First year ICD-10-CM implemented into the HIPAA code set)
- FY 2017 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2016 through 9/30/2017
- FY 2018 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2017 through 9/30/2018
- FY 2019 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2018 through 9/30/2019
- FY 2020 - No Change, effective from 10/1/2019 through 9/30/2020