Diagnosis Code 729.4
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- M72.9 - Fibroblastic disorder, unspecified (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 729.4 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Fasciitis 729.4
- eosinophilic 728.89
- NEC NEC "Not elsewhere classifiable"
This abbreviation in the index represents “other specified” when a specific code is not available for a condition the index directs the coder to the “other specified” code in the tabular.rotizing 728.86
- nodular 728.79
- perirenal 593.4
- plantar 728.71
- pseudosarcomatous 728.79
- traumatic (old) NEC NEC "Not elsewhere classifiable"
This abbreviation in the index represents “other specified” when a specific code is not available for a condition the index directs the coder to the “other specified” code in the tabular. 728.79
- current - see Sprain, by site
Information for Patients
Also called: Myopathy
Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis.
Causes of muscle disorders include
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- A genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Some cancers
- Inflammation, such as myositis
- Diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- Certain medicines
Sometimes the cause is not known.
- Caring for muscle spasticity or spasms
- Compartment syndrome
- Contracture deformity
- Creatine phosphokinase test
- Eyelid twitch
- Muscle aches
- Muscle atrophy
- Muscle biopsy
- Muscle function loss
- Muscle twitching
- Myopathic changes
- Myotonia congenita
- Volkmann ischemic contracture