ICD-9 Diagnosis Code 692.6

Dermatitis due to plant

Diagnosis Code 692.6

ICD-9: 692.6
Short Description: Dermatitis due to plant
Long Description: Contact dermatitis and other eczema due to plants [except food]
This is the 2014 version of the ICD-9-CM diagnosis code 692.6

Code Classification
  • Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue (680–709)
    • Other inflammatory conditions of skin and subcutaneous tissue (690-698)
      • 692 Contact dermatitis and other eczema

Information for Medical Professionals

Convert to ICD-10 Additional informationCallout TooltipGeneral Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.

Synonyms
  • Allergic contact dermatitis due to plants, except food
  • Cactus dermatitis
  • Contact dermatitis - foods/plants
  • Contact dermatitis due to Genus Toxicodendron
  • Contact dermatitis due to lacquer tree
  • Contact dermatitis due to plants
  • Contact dermatitis due to plants, except food
  • Contact dermatitis due to poison ivy
  • Contact dermatitis due to poison oak
  • Contact dermatitis due to poison sumac
  • Contact dermatitis due to primrose
  • Contact dermatitis due to ragweed
  • Contact dermatitis due to Rhus diversiloba
  • Contact dermatitis due to Rhus quercifolia
  • Irritant contact dermatitis due to plant
  • Irritant contact dermatitis due to plants, except food
  • Irritant contact dermatitis due to wood
  • Nettle sting
  • Phytophotodermatitis due to topical exposure to furocoumarin
  • Plant sting

Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 692.6 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:


Information for Patients


Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac

Also called: Ivy poison, Rhus dermatitis, Toxicodendron dermatitis

If you spend time outdoors, chances are you have been bothered by poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac at some point. Most people are sensitive to the plants' oily sap. The sap is in the root, stems, leaves and fruit of these plants. If it gets on your skin, it causes a blistering skin rash. The rash can range from mild to severe, depending on how much sap gets on your skin and how sensitive you are to it. Problems can also happen if the plants are burned. Airborne sap-coated soot can get into the eyes, nose, throat and respiratory system.

The best way to avoid the rash is to learn what the plants look like and stay away from them. If you come into contact with the plants, wash your skin and clothing right away. If you develop a rash, ask your pharmacist about over-the-counter medicines. For severe rashes, see your doctor.

National Park Service

  • Poison ivy - oak - sumac
  • Poison ivy - oak - sumac rash


[Read More]
Previous Code
Previous Code 692.5
Next Code
692.70 Next Code