Diagnosis Code 637.91
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses (age 12 through 55) Maternity diagnoses (age 12 through 55)
Maternity diagnoses: Age range is 12–55 years inclusive.
Convert to ICD-10 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- Z33.2 - Encounter for elective termination of pregnancy (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Incomplete inevitable abortion without complication
- Incomplete miscarriage
- Inevitable abortion incomplete
- Retained products after miscarriage
- Retained products of conception following induced termination of pregnancy
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most healthcare providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical
- Abortion - surgical
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare
- Ending pregnancy with medications