Diagnosis Code 636.10
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses (age 12 through 55) Maternity diagnoses (age 12 through 55)
Maternity diagnoses: Age range is 12–55 years inclusive.
Convert to ICD-10 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- O04.6 - Delayed or excess hemor fol (induced) term of pregnancy (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most healthcare providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical
- Abortion - surgical
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare
- Ending pregnancy with medications
Also called: Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, Uterine Bleeding
Menstruation, or period, is a woman's monthly bleeding. Abnormal vaginal bleeding is different from normal menstrual periods. It could be bleeding that is between periods, lasts several weeks, or happens before puberty or after menopause. Causes can include
- Uterine fibroids or polyps
- Hormone problems
- Hormone pills, such as birth control pills and menopausal hormone therapy
- Cancer of the cervix, ovaries, uterus or vagina
- Thyroid problems
Bleeding during pregnancy can have several different causes. It is not always a serious problem, but to be safe you should always contact your healthcare provider.
Pelvic exams, blood tests and other procedures can help your healthcare provider diagnose the problem. Treatment depends on the cause.
- D and C
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB)
- Vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal bleeding between periods
- Vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy
- Vaginal bleeding in late pregnancy
- Vaginal bleeding in pregnancy