Diagnosis Code 567.39
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- K68.9 - Other disorders of retroperitoneum (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 567.39 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- retroperitoneal 567.39
- Retroperitonitis 567.39
Information for Patients
Your peritoneum is the tissue that lines your abdominal wall and covers most of the organs in your abdomen. A liquid, peritoneal fluid, lubricates the surface of this tissue.
Disorders of the peritoneum are not common. They include
- Peritonitis - an inflammation of the peritoneum
- Complications from peritoneal dialysis
Your doctor may use imaging tests or lab tests to analyze the peritoneal fluid to diagnose the problem. Treatment of peritoneal disorders depends on the cause.
- Abdominal tap
- Peritoneal fluid analysis
- Peritoneal fluid culture
- Peritonitis - secondary
- Peritonitis - spontaneous
- Retroperitoneal inflammation