Diagnosis Code 524.53
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- M26.53 - Deviation in opening and closing of the mandible
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 524.53 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- mandible, opening and closing 524.53
Information for Patients
Your jaw is a set of bones that holds your teeth. It consists of two main parts. The upper part is the maxilla. It doesn't move. The moveable lower part is called the mandible. You move it when you talk or chew. The two halves of the mandible meet at your chin. The joint where the mandible meets your skull is the temporomandibular joint.
Jaw problems include
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Osteonecrosis, which happens when your bones lose their blood supply
Treatment of jaw problems depends on the cause.
- Jaw - broken or dislocated
- Malocclusion of teeth