Diagnosis Code Z76.2
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Pediatric diagnoses Pediatric diagnoses
Pediatric. Age range is 0–17 years inclusive (e.g., Reye’s syndrome, routine child health exam).
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V20.1 - Care of healthy chld NEC
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code Z76.2 is exempt from POA reporting.
- At risk of impaired infant development
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code Z76.2 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as adverse socioeconomic conditions at home
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as awaiting foster or adoptive placement
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as maternal illness
- Encounter for medical or nursing care or supervision of healthy infant under circumstances such as number of children at home preventing or interfering WITH "With"
The word "with" should be interpreted to mean "associated with" or "due to" when it appears in a code title, the Alphabetic Index, or an instructional note in the Tabular List. The word "with" in the Alphabetic Index is sequenced immediately following the main term, not in alphabetical order. normal care