Diagnosis Code Z70
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z70 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Includes Notes: Includes Notes
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- encounter for mental health services for sexual attitude, behavior and orientation
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- contraceptive or procreative counseling (Z30-Z31)
Information for Patients
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals have special health concerns besides the usual ones that affect most men and women. On this page you'll find information about these specific health issues.
- Syphilis and MSM (Men Who Have Sex with Men) (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Sexuality is a big part of being human. Love, affection and sexual intimacy all play a role in healthy relationships. They also contribute to your sense of well-being. A number of disorders can affect the ability to have or enjoy sex in both men and women.
Factors that can affect sexual health include
- Fear of unplanned pregnancy
- Concerns about infertility
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Chronic diseases such as cancer or heart disease
- Medicines that affect sexual desire or performance
- Heart disease and intimacy