Diagnosis Code Z53.8
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V64.3 - No proc for reasons NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Medication therapy management recommendation refused by prescriber
- Recommendation refused
Replaced Code Replaced Code
The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2016. This codes was replaced for the FY 2017 (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017).
This code was replaced in the 2017 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below.
- Z53.31 - Laparoscopic surgical procedure converted to open procedure
- Z53.32 - Thoracoscopic surgical procedure converted to open procedure
- Z53.33 - Arthroscopic surgical procedure converted to open procedure
- Z53.39 - Other specified procedure converted to open procedure