Diagnosis Code Z34
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z34 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- any complication of pregnancy (O00-O9A)
- encounter for pregnancy test (Z32.0-)
- encounter for supervision of high risk pregnancy (O09.-)
Information for Patients
Prenatal care is the health care you get while you are pregnant. It includes your checkups and prenatal testing. Prenatal care can help keep you and your baby healthy. It lets your health care provider spot health problems early. Early treatment can cure many problems and prevent others.
Your doctor or midwife will give you a schedule for your prenatal visits. If you are over 35 years old or your pregnancy is high risk because of health problems like diabetes or high blood pressure, your doctor or midwife will probably want to see you more often. You can also expect to see your health care provider more often as your due date gets closer.
Dept. of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health
- Pregnancy care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Prenatal care in your first trimester (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Prenatal care in your second trimester (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Prenatal care in your third trimester (Medical Encyclopedia)