Diagnosis Code Z16.39
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code Z16.39 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 867 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 868 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 869 - OTHER INFECTIOUS AND PARASITIC DISEASES DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V09.80 - Inf mcr rst ot drg nt ml (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Infection caused by quinolone and fluoroquinolone resistant bacteria