Diagnosis Code Z01.4
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z01.4 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- pregnancy examination or test (Z32.0-)
- routine examination for contraceptive maintenance (Z30.4-)
Information for Patients
Women's Health Checkup
Regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment are better. As a woman, you need some special exams and screenings. During your checkup, your health care provider will usually do:
- A pelvic exam - an exam to check if internal female organs are normal by feeling their shape and size.
- A Pap test - a test to check for cancer of the cervix, the opening to a woman's uterus. Cells from the cervix are examined under a microscope.
- A clinical breast exam - to check for breast cancer by feeling and looking at your breasts.
Your health care provider may also recommend other tests, including a mammogram or a test for HPV.
- Cervical cancer -- screening and prevention (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - women - age 18 - 39 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - women - age 40 - 64 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - women - over 65 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pap and HPV Testing - NIH (National Cancer Institute)
- Women's health (Medical Encyclopedia)