Diagnosis Code Z00
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z00 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- encounter for examination for administrative purposes (Z02.-)
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- encounter for pre-procedural examinations (Z01.81-)
- special screening examinations (Z11-Z13)
Information for Patients
Also called: Annual checkup, Annual physical examination, Routine physical examination
Regular health exams and tests can help find problems before they start. They also can help find problems early, when your chances for treatment and cure are better. Which exams and screenings you need depends on your age, health and family history, and lifestyle choices such as what you eat, how active you are, and whether you smoke.
To make the most of your next check-up, here are some things to do before you go:
- Review your family health history
- Find out if you are due for any general screenings or vaccinations
- Write down a list of issues and questions to take with you
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Health screening - men - age 18 - 39 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - men - age 40 - 64 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Health screening - men - over 65 (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Physical exam frequency (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Well-child visits (Medical Encyclopedia)