Diagnosis Code Y36.3
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Y36.3 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- War operations involving smoke, fumes, and heat from fires, conflagrations and hot substances
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- war operations involving fires and conflagrations aboard military aircraft (Y36.1-)
- war operations involving fires and conflagrations aboard military watercraft (Y36.0-)
- war operations involving fires and conflagrations caused indirectly by conventional weapons (Y36.2-)
- war operations involving fires and thermal effects of nuclear weapons (Y36.53-)
Information for Patients
Veterans and Military Health
Military service members and veterans face some different health issues than civilians. During combat, the main health concerns are life-threatening injuries. These include
- Shrapnel and gunshot wounds
- Lost limbs
- Head and brain injuries
There may also be a risk of health problems from exposure to environmental hazards, such as contaminated water, chemicals, and infections.
Being in combat and being separated from your family can be stressful. The stress can put service members and veterans at risk for mental health problems. These include anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and substance abuse. Suicide can also be a concern.