Diagnosis Code Y07.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Y07.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Spouse or partner, perpetrator of maltreatment and neglect against spouse or partner
Information for Patients
Also called: Battery, Partner abuse, Spousal abuse
Domestic violence is a type of abuse. It usually involves a spouse or partner, but it can also be a child, elderly relative, or other family member.
Domestic violence may include
- Physical violence that can lead to injuries such as bruises or broken bones
- Sexual violence
- Threats of physical or sexual violence
- Emotional abuse that may lead to depression, anxiety, or social isolation
It is hard to know exactly how common domestic violence is, because people often don't report it. There is no typical victim. It happens among people of all ages. It affects those of all levels of income and education.
The first step in getting help is to tell someone you trust.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Domestic violence