Diagnosis Code W30
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code W30 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- 7th Characters: "With"
The word “with” should be interpreted to mean “associated with” or “due to” when it appears in a code title, the Alphabetic Index, or an instructional note in the Tabular List. The word “with” in the Alphabetic Index is sequenced immediately following the main term, not in alphabetical order.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category W30
- Includes Notes: Includes Notes
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- animal-powered farm machine
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means “NOT CODED HERE!” An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- agricultural transport vehicle accident (V01-V99)
- explosion of grain store (W40.8)
- exposure to electric current (W86.-)
Information for Patients
You might think of farms as peaceful settings. Actually, farming is one of the most dangerous jobs in the United States. Farms have many health and safety hazards, including
- Chemicals and pesticides
- Machinery, tools and equipment that can be dangerous
- Hazardous areas, such as grain bins, silos and wells
- Livestock that can spread diseases or cause injuries
Farming injuries are very common. Physical labor and accidents can cause injuries.
Most farm accidents involve machinery. Proper machine inspection and maintenance can help prevent accidents. Using safety gloves, goggles and other protective equipment can also reduce accidents.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration