Diagnosis Code T86.810
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T86.810 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 205 - OTHER RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 206 - OTHER RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 996.84 - Compl lung transplant (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Accelerated rejection of lung transplant
- Acute rejection of lung transplant
- Chronic rejection of lung transplant
- Hyperacute rejection of lung transplant
- Lung transplant rejection
Information for Patients
A lung transplant removes a person's diseased lung and replaces it with a healthy one. The healthy lung comes from a donor who has died. Some people get one lung during a transplant. Other people get two.
Lung transplants are used for people who are likely to die from lung disease within 1 to 2 years. Their conditions are so severe that other treatments, such as medicines or breathing devices, no longer work. Lung transplants most often are used to treat people who have severe
- Cystic fibrosis
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Pulmonary hypertension
Complications of lung transplantation include rejection of the transplanted lung and infection.
NIH: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Lung transplant (Medical Encyclopedia)