Diagnosis Code T83.31XD
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code T83.31XD is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T83.31XD is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
Also called: Contraception
Birth control, also known as contraception, is designed to prevent pregnancy. Birth control methods may work in a number of different ways:
- Preventing sperm from getting to the eggs. Types include condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps, and contraceptive sponges.
- Keeping the woman's ovaries from releasing eggs that could be fertilized. Types include birth control pills, patches, shots, vaginal rings, and emergency contraceptive pills.
- IUDs, devices which are implanted into the uterus. They can be kept in place for several years.
- Sterilization, which permanently prevents a woman from getting pregnant or a man from being able to get a woman pregnant
Your choice of birth control should depend on several factors. These include your health, frequency of sexual activity, number of sexual partners and desire to have children in the future. Your health care provider can help you select the best form of birth control for you.
NIH: National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Birth control - slow release methods (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Birth control and family planning (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Birth control pills - combination (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Birth control pills - overview (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Birth control pills - progestin only (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Condoms - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Deciding about an IUD (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Female condoms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Intrauterine devices (IUD) (Medical Encyclopedia)