Diagnosis Code T57.0X4A
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T57.0X4A is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 917 - POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECTS OF DRUGS WITH MCC
- 918 - POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECTS OF DRUGS WITHOUT MCC
- Poisoning caused by arsenic or its compounds of undetermined intent
Information for Patients
Arsenic is a natural element found in soil and minerals. Arsenic compounds are used to preserve wood, as pesticides, and in some industries. Arsenic can get into air, water, and the ground from wind-blown dust. It may also get into water from runoff.
You may be exposed to arsenic by
- Taking in small amounts in food, drinking water, or air
- Breathing sawdust or burning smoke from arsenic-treated wood
- Living in an area with high levels of arsenic in rock
- Working in a job where arsenic is made or used
Exposure to arsenic can cause many health problems. Being exposed to low levels for a long time can change the color of your skin. It can cause corns and small warts. Exposure to high levels of arsenic can cause death.
Agency for Toxic Substances Disease Registry