Diagnosis Code T43.614S
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T43.614S is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 922 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 923 - OTHER INJURY, POISONING AND TOXIC EFFECT DIAGNOSES WITHOUT MCC
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T43.614S is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
Caffeine is a bitter substance found in coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate, kola nuts, and certain medicines. It has many effects on the body's metabolism, including stimulating the central nervous system. This can make you more alert and give you a boost of energy.
For most people, the amount of caffeine in two to four cups of coffee a day is not harmful. However, too much caffeine can cause problems. It can
- Make you jittery and shaky
- Make it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep
- Cause headaches or dizziness
- Make your heart beat faster or cause abnormal heart rhythms
- Cause dehydration
- Make you dependent on it so you need to take more of it. If you stop using caffeine, you could get withdrawal symptoms.
Some people are more sensitive to the effects of caffeine than others. They should limit their use of caffeine. So should pregnant and nursing women. Certain drugs and supplements may interact with caffeine. If you have questions about whether caffeine is safe for you, talk with your health care provider.
Food and Drug Administration
- Caffeine in the diet
- Caffeine overdose
A poison is any substance that is harmful to your body. You might swallow it, inhale it, inject it, or absorb it through your skin. Any substance can be poisonous if too much is taken. Poisons can include
- Prescription or over-the-counter medicines taken in doses that are too high
- Overdoses of illegal drugs
- Carbon monoxide from gas appliances
- Household products, such as laundry powder or furniture polish
- Indoor or outdoor plants
- Metals such as lead and mercury
The effects of poisoning range from short-term illness to brain damage, coma, and death. To prevent poisoning it is important to use and store products exactly as their labels say. Keep dangerous products where children can't get to them. Treatment for poisoning depends on the type of poison. If you suspect someone has been poisoned, call your local poison control center right away.
- Poisoning first aid
- Toxicology screen