Diagnosis Code T40.8X4D
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T40.8X4D is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T40.8X4D is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
Club drugs are group of psychoactive drugs. They act on the central nervous system and can cause changes in mood, awareness, and how you act. These drugs are often abused by young adults at all-night dance parties, dance clubs, and bars. They include
- Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), also known as Ecstasy XTC, X, E, Adam, Molly, Hug Beans, and Love Drug
- Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB), also known as G, Liquid Ecstasy, and Soap
- Ketamine, also known as Special K, K, Vitamin K, and Jet
- Rohypnol, also known as Roofies
- Methamphetamine, also known as Speed, Ice, Chalk, Meth, Crystal, Crank, and Glass
- Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), also known as Acid, Blotter, and Dots
Some of these drugs are approved for certain medical uses. Other uses of these drugs are abuse.
Club drugs are also sometimes used as "date rape" drugs, to make someone unable to say no to or fight back against sexual assault. Abusing these drugs can cause serious health problems and sometimes death. They are even more dangerous if you use them with alcohol.
NIH: National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Substance use -- amphetamines
- Substance use -- LSD
- Substance use -- phencyclidine (PCP)
- Tips for Teens: The Truth about Club Drugs (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
A poison is any substance that is harmful to your body. You might swallow it, inhale it, inject it, or absorb it through your skin. Any substance can be poisonous if too much is taken. Poisons can include
- Prescription or over-the-counter medicines taken in doses that are too high
- Overdoses of illegal drugs
- Carbon monoxide from gas appliances
- Household products, such as laundry powder or furniture polish
- Indoor or outdoor plants
- Metals such as lead and mercury
The effects of poisoning range from short-term illness to brain damage, coma, and death. To prevent poisoning it is important to use and store products exactly as their labels say. Keep dangerous products where children can't get to them. Treatment for poisoning depends on the type of poison. If you suspect someone has been poisoned, call your local poison control center right away.
- Poisoning first aid
- Toxicology screen