Diagnosis Code S59.9
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code S59.9 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- 7th Characters: 7th Characters
Certain ICD-10-CM categories have applicable 7th characters. The applicable 7th character is required for all codes within the category, or as the notes in the Tabular List instruct. The 7th character must always be the 7th character in the data field. If a code that requires a 7th character is not 6 characters, a placeholder X must be used to fill in the empty characters.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code in subcategory S59.9
Information for Patients
Arm Injuries and Disorders
Of the 206 bones in your body, three of them are in your arm: the humerus, radius, and ulna. Your arms are also made up of muscles, joints, tendons, and other connective tissue. Injuries to any of these parts of the arm can occur during sports, a fall, or an accident.
Types of arm injuries include
- Tendinitis and bursitis
- Broken bones
- Nerve problems
You may also have problems or injure specific parts of your arm, such as your hand, wrist, elbow, or shoulder.
- Arm CT scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Brachial plexopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial head fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Radial nerve dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
Elbow Injuries and Disorders
Your elbow joint is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. Muscles and tendons help the elbow joint move. When any of these structures is hurt or diseased, you have elbow problems.
Many things can make your elbow hurt. A common cause is tendinitis, an inflammation or injury to the tendons that attach muscle to bone. Tendinitis of the elbow is a sports injury, often from playing tennis or golf. You may also get tendinitis from overuse of the elbow.
Other causes of elbow pain include sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, bursitis and arthritis. Treatment depends on the cause.
- Elbow pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow replacement (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow sprain -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Medial epicondylitis - golfer's elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nursemaid's elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tennis elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tennis elbow surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)