Diagnosis Code S27.321D
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code S27.321D is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code S27.321D is exempt from POA reporting.
Information for Patients
Chest Injuries and Disorders
The chest is the part of the body between your neck and your abdomen. It includes the ribs and breastbone. Inside your chest are several organs, including the heart, lungs, and esophagus. The pleura, a large thin sheet of tissue, lines the inside of the chest cavity.
Chest injuries and disorders include
- Heart diseases
- Lung diseases and collapsed lung
- Pleural disorders
- Esophagus disorders
- Broken ribs
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Disorders of the mediastinum, the space between the lungs, breastbone, and spine
- Chest tube insertion (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Costochondritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mediastinal tumor (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pectus excavatum (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rib fracture - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)