Diagnosis Code R68.1
Information for Medical Professionals
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code R68.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- colic, infantile (R10.83)
- neonatal cerebral irritability (P91.3)
- teething syndrome (K00.7)
Information for Patients
Common Infant and Newborn Problems
It is hard when your baby is sick. Common health problems in babies include colds, coughs, fevers, and vomiting. Babies also commonly have skin problems, like diaper rash or cradle cap.
Many of these problems are not serious. It is important to know how to help your sick baby, and to know the warning signs for more serious problems. Trust your intuition - if you are worried about your baby, call your health care provider right away.
- Colic and crying - self-care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crying - excessive (0-6 months) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Diaper rash (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Diarrhea in infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Newborn jaundice - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rash - child under 2 years (Medical Encyclopedia)
- When to Call the Baby's Doctor (Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women's Health)
- When your baby or infant has a fever (Medical Encyclopedia)