Diagnosis Code R59.9
Information for Medical Professionals
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code R59.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 814 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH MCC
- 815 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITH CC
- 816 - RETICULOENDOTHELIAL AND IMMUNITY DISORDERS WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 785.6 - Enlargement lymph nodes (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Giant lymph node hyperplasia
- Hyperplastic lymph node
- Lymphoid hyperplasia
- Pulmonary venous hypertension due to compression of pulmonary great vein
- Pulmonary venous hypertension due to compression of pulmonary great vein by lymphadenopathy
Information for Patients
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs. It is made up of
- Lymph - a fluid that contains white blood cells that defend against germs
- Lymph vessels - vessels that carry lymph throughout your body. They are different from blood vessels.
- Lymph nodes - glands found throughout the lymph vessels. Along with your spleen, these nodes are where white blood cells fight infection.
Your bone marrow and thymus produce the cells in lymph. They are part of the system, too.
The lymphatic system clears away infection and keeps your body fluids in balance. If it's not working properly, fluid builds in your tissues and causes swelling, called lymphedema. Other lymphatic system problems can include infections, blockage, and cancer.
- Cancer and lymph nodes
- Cystic hygroma
- Groin lump
- Lymph node biopsy
- Lymph system
- Lymphofollicular hyperplasia
- Neck lump
- Swollen lymph nodes