Diagnosis Code Q75.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code Q75.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH MCC 564
- OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITH CC 565
- OTHER MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC 566
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 756.0 - Anomal skull/face bones (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code Q75.9 is exempt from POA reporting.
- Congenital abnormality of skull and face bones
- Congenital anomaly of alisphenoid bone
- Congenital anomaly of basisphenoid bone
- Congenital anomaly of face bones
- Congenital anomaly of fetal head bones
- Congenital anomaly of head
- Congenital anomaly of mandible
- Congenital anomaly of skull
- Congenital anomaly of supraoccipital bone
- Congenital malformation of sphenoid wing
- Craniofacial deafness hand syndrome
- Localized congenital skull defect
- Skull congenital deformities
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code Q75.9 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of “other specified” codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Congenital anomaly of face bones NOS
- Congenital anomaly of skull NOS
Information for Patients
Craniofacial is a medical term that relates to the bones of the skull and face. Craniofacial abnormalities are birth defects of the face or head. Some, like cleft lip and palate, are among the most common of all birth defects. Others are very rare. Most of them affect how a person's face or head looks. These conditions may also affect other parts of the body.
Treatment depends on the type of problem. Plastic and reconstructive surgery may help the person's appearance.
- Apert syndrome
- Cleidocranial dysostosis
- Craniosynostosis repair
- Head and face reconstruction
- Pierre Robin syndrome