Present on Admission Exempt ICD-10 Codes - Other congenital malformations of upper alimentary tract (Q40)
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
- Q40.0 - Congenital hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
- Q40.1 - Congenital hiatus hernia
- Q40.2 - Other specified congenital malformations of stomach
- Q40.3 - Congenital malformation of stomach, unspecified
- Q40.8 - Oth congenital malformations of upper alimentary tract
- Q40.9 - Congenital malformation of upper alimentary tract, unsp