Present on Admission Exempt ICD-10 Codes - Other congenital malformations of limb(s) (Q74)
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
- Q74.0 - Oth congen malform of upper limb(s), inc shoulder girdle
- Q74.1 - Congenital malformation of knee
- Q74.2 - Oth congen malform of lower limb(s), including pelvic girdle
- Q74.3 - Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita
- Q74.8 - Other specified congenital malformations of limb(s)
- Q74.9 - Unspecified congenital malformation of limb(s)