Present on Admission Exempt ICD-10 Codes - Other congenital malformations of circulatory system (Q28)
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
- Q28.0 - Arteriovenous malformation of precerebral vessels
- Q28.1 - Other malformations of precerebral vessels
- Q28.2 - Arteriovenous malformation of cerebral vessels
- Q28.3 - Other malformations of cerebral vessels
- Q28.8 - Oth congenital malformations of circulatory system
- Q28.9 - Congenital malformation of circulatory system, unspecified