Diagnosis Code P96.5
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 779.89 - Perinatal condition NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code P96.5 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- newborn affected by amniocentesis (P00.6)
Information for Patients
Uncommon Infant and Newborn Problems
It can be scary when your baby is sick, especially when it is not an everyday problem like a cold or a fever. You may not know whether the problem is serious or how to treat it. If you have concerns about your baby's health, call your health care provider right away.
Learning information about your baby's condition can help ease your worry. Do not be afraid to ask questions about your baby's care. By working together with your health care provider, you make sure that your baby gets the best care possible.
- Brief resolved unexplained event -- BRUE (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crying - excessive (0-6 months) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Failure to thrive (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemorrhagic disease of the newborn (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperglycemia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal sepsis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neutropenia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)