Diagnosis Code P38
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code P38 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- omphalitis not of newborn (L08.82)
- tetanus omphalitis (A33)
- umbilical hemorrhage of newborn (P51.-)
Information for Patients
Uncommon Infant and Newborn Problems
It can be scary when your baby is sick, especially when it is not an everyday problem like a cold or a fever. You may not know whether the problem is serious or how to treat it. If you have concerns about your baby's health, call your health care provider right away.
Learning information about your baby's condition can help ease your worry. Do not be afraid to ask questions about your baby's care. By working together with your health care provider, you make sure that your baby gets the best care possible.
- Brief resolved unexplained event -- BRUE (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Crying - excessive (0-6 months) (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Failure to thrive (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemorrhagic disease of the newborn (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hyperglycemia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal respiratory distress syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neonatal sepsis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Neutropenia - infants (Medical Encyclopedia)