Diagnosis Code O32.4XX0
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
- Head not engaged
- High head at term
- High head at term - delivered
- High head at term with antenatal problem
Information for Patients
While childbirth usually goes well, complications can happen. They can cause a risk to the mother, baby, or both. Possible complications include
- Preterm (premature) labor, when labor starts before 37 completed weeks of pregnancy
- Problems with the umbilical cord
- Problems with the position of the baby, such as breech, in which the baby is going to come out feet first
- Birth injuries
For some of these problems, the baby may need to be delivered surgically by a Cesarean section.
- Assisted delivery with forceps
- Brachial plexus injury in newborns
- Breech birth
- Caput succedaneum
- Meconium aspiration syndrome
- Premature rupture of membranes