Diagnosis Code N95.9
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N95.9 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 627.9 - Menopausal disorder NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Menopausal and postmenopausal disorders
- Menopausal syndrome
- Perimenopausal disorder
Information for Patients
Also called: Change of life
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when her period stops. It usually occurs naturally, most often after age 45. Menopause happens because the woman's ovaries stop producing the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
A woman has reached menopause when she has not had a period for one year. Changes and symptoms can start several years earlier. They include
- A change in periods - shorter or longer, lighter or heavier, with more or less time in between
- Hot flashes and/or night sweats
- Trouble sleeping
- Vaginal dryness
- Mood swings
- Trouble focusing
- Less hair on head, more on face
Some symptoms require treatment. Talk to your doctor about how to best manage menopause. Make sure the doctor knows your medical history and your family medical history. This includes whether you are at risk for heart disease, osteoporosis, or breast cancer.
Dept. of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health
- Cancer treatment -- early menopause (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Deciding about hormone therapy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Menopause (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Types of hormone therapy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- What is Menopause? - NIH (National Institute on Aging)