Diagnosis Code N94.1
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code N94.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- psychogenic dyspareunia (F52.6)
Information for Patients
Sexual Problems in Women
There are many problems that can keep a woman from enjoying sex. They include
- Lack of sexual desire
- Inability to become aroused
- Lack of orgasm, or sexual climax
- Painful intercourse
These problems may have physical or psychological causes. Physical causes may include conditions like diabetes, heart disease, nerve disorders, or hormone problems. Some drugs can also affect desire and function. Psychological causes may include work-related stress and anxiety. They may also include depression or concerns about marriage or relationship problems. For some women, the problem results from past sexual trauma.
Occasional problems with sexual function are common. If problems last more than a few months or cause distress for you or your partner, you should see your health care provider.
- Cancer treatment: fertility and sexual side effects in women (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Orgasmic dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal dryness (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginismus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Women and sexual problems (Medical Encyclopedia)