Diagnosis Code N88
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code N88 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- inflammatory disease of cervix (N72)
- polyp of cervix (N84.1)
Information for Patients
The cervix is the lower part of the uterus, the place where a baby grows during pregnancy. The cervix has a small opening that expands during childbirth. It also allows menstrual blood to leave a woman's body.
Your health care provider may perform a Pap test during your health checkup to look for changes to the cells of the cervix, including cervical cancer. Other problems with the cervix include:
- Cervicitis - inflammation of the cervix. This is usually from an infection.
- Cervical incompetence - This can happen during pregnancy. The opening of the cervix widens long before the baby is due.
- Cervical polyps and cysts - abnormal growths on the cervix
- Cervical dysplasia
- Cervical polyps
- Cervix treatment - cryosurgery
- Cold knife cone biopsy
- Endocervical gram stain
- Insufficient cervix
- Nabothian cyst