Diagnosis Code N88
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code N88 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- inflammatory disease of cervix (N72)
- polyp of cervix (N84.1)
Information for Patients
The cervix is the lower part of the uterus, the place where a baby grows during pregnancy. The cervix has a small opening that expands during childbirth. It also allows menstrual blood to leave a woman's body.
Your health care provider may perform a Pap test during your health checkup to look for changes to the cells of the cervix, including cervical cancer. Other problems with the cervix include:
- Cervicitis - inflammation of the cervix. This is usually from an infection.
- Cervical incompetence - This can happen during pregnancy. The opening of the cervix widens long before the baby is due.
- Cervical polyps and cysts - abnormal growths on the cervix
- Cervical dysplasia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cervical polyps (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cervicitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cervix treatment - cryosurgery (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cold knife cone biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Endocervical gram stain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Insufficient cervix (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nabothian cyst (Medical Encyclopedia)