Diagnosis Code N84.2
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N84.2 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 742 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC
- 743 - UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 623.7 - Polyp of vagina
- Caruncle of vagina
- Noninflammatory disorder of the vagina
- Polyp of vagina
- Polyp of vaginal wall
Information for Patients
Vaginal problems are some of the most common reasons women go to the doctor. They may have symptoms such as
- Abnormal bleeding
Often, the problem is vaginitis, an inflammation of the vagina. The main symptom is smelly vaginal discharge, but some women have no symptoms. Common causes are bacterial infections, trichomoniasis, and yeast infections.
Some other causes of vaginal symptoms include sexually transmitted diseases, vaginal cancer, and vulvar cancer. Treatment of vaginal problems depends on the cause.
- Bacterial Vaginosis (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Bacterial vaginosis -- aftercare
- Bartholin cyst or abscess
- Imperforate hymen
- Vaginal cysts
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal itching and discharge - Adult and adolescent
- Vaginal itching and discharge - child
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Vaginitis - self-care
- Vulvovaginitis - overview