Diagnosis Code N83.32
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code N83.32 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v33.0)
- UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITH CC/MCC 742
- UTERINE AND ADNEXA PROCEDURES FOR NON-MALIGNANCY WITHOUT CC/MCC 743
- Acquired atrophy of the fallopian tube
Replaced Code Replaced Code
The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) has published an update to the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes which became effective October 1, 2016. This codes was replaced for the FY 2017 (October 1, 2016-September 30, 2017).
This code was replaced in the 2017 ICD-10 code set with the code(s) listed below.
- N83.321 - Acquired atrophy of right fallopian tube
- N83.322 - Acquired atrophy of left fallopian tube
- N83.329 - Acquired atrophy of fallopian tube, unspecified side
Information for Patients
The ovaries are a pair of organs that women have. They are located in the pelvis, one on each side of the uterus. Each ovary is about the size and shape of an almond.
The ovaries produce a woman's eggs. If an egg is fertilized by a sperm, a pregnancy can result. Ovaries also make the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. When a woman goes through menopause, her ovaries stop releasing eggs and make far lower levels of hormones.
Problems with the ovaries include
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cysts and polycystic ovary syndrome
- Premature ovarian failure
- Ovarian torsion, a twisting of the ovary
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
- Ovarian overproduction of androgens