Diagnosis Code N64
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code N64 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: "And"
The word “and” should be interpreted to mean either “and” or “or” when it appears in a title.
- mechanical complication of breast prosthesis and implant (T85.4-)
Information for Patients
Most women experience breast changes at some time. Your age, hormone levels, and medicines you take may cause lumps, bumps, and discharges (fluids that are not breast milk).
If you have a breast lump, pain, discharge or skin irritation, see your health care provider. Minor and serious breast problems have similar symptoms. Although many women fear cancer, most breast problems are not cancer.
Some common breast changes are
- Fibrocystic breast changes - lumpiness, thickening and swelling, often just before a woman's period
- Cysts - fluid-filled lumps
- Fibroadenomas - solid, round, rubbery lumps that move easily when pushed, occurring most in younger women
- Intraductal papillomas - growths similar to warts near the nipple
- Blocked milk ducts
- Milk production when a woman is not breastfeeding
NIH: National Cancer Institute
- Breast - premenstrual tenderness and swelling
- Breast biopsy -- stereotactic
- Breast biopsy -- ultrasound
- Breast infection
- Breast lump
- Breast MRI scan
- Breast pain
- Breast self exam
- Breast skin and nipple changes
- Fibroadenoma - breast
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Intraductal papilloma
- Nipple problems