Diagnosis Code N48.82
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for males only Diagnoses for males only
Diagnoses for males only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code N48.82 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 729 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC/MCC
- 730 - OTHER MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 607.89 - Disorder of penis NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code N48.82 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Acquired torsion of penis NOS
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- congenital torsion of penis (Q55.63)
Information for Patients
Also called: Penile disorders
Problems with the penis can cause pain and affect a man's sexual function and fertility. Penis disorders include
- Erectile dysfunction - inability to get or keep an erection
- Priapism - a painful erection that does not go away
- Peyronie's disease - bending of the penis during an erection due to a hard lump called a plaque
- Balanitis - inflammation of the skin covering the head of the penis, most often in men and boys who have not been circumcised
- Penile cancer - a rare form of cancer, highly curable when caught early
- Balanitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Cancer - penis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Curvature of the penis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epididymitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epispadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Erythroplasia of Queyrat (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias repair (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypospadias repair - discharge (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Paraphimosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Penis pain (Medical Encyclopedia)