Diagnosis Code M70.911
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M70.911 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
- 555 - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITH MCC
- 556 - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 729.90 - Soft tissue disord NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Shoulder Injuries and Disorders
Your shoulder joint is composed of three bones: the clavicle (collarbone), the scapula (shoulder blade), and the humerus (upper arm bone). Your shoulders are the most movable joints in your body. They can also be unstable because the ball of the upper arm is larger than the shoulder socket that holds it. To remain in a stable or normal position, the shoulder must be anchored by muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Because your shoulder can be unstable, it can be easily injured. Common problems include
- Sprains and strains
- Torn rotator cuffs
- Frozen shoulder
Health care providers diagnose shoulder problems by using your medical history, a physical exam, and imaging tests.
Often, the first treatment for shoulder problems is RICE. This stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Other treatments include exercise and medicines to reduce pain and swelling. If those don't work, you may need surgery.
NIH: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Brachial plexopathy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Broken collarbone - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dislocated shoulder - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Frozen shoulder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Frozen shoulder - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shoulder arthroscopy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shoulder CT scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shoulder MRI scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shoulder pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Using your shoulder after surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)