Diagnosis Code M66.30
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M66.30 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 727.62 - Biceps tendon rupture (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Spontaneous rupture of flexor tendons
Information for Patients
Sprains and Strains
A sprain is a stretched or torn ligament. Ligaments are tissues that connect bones at a joint. Falling, twisting, or getting hit can all cause a sprain. Ankle and wrist sprains are common. Symptoms include pain, swelling, bruising, and being unable to move your joint. You might feel a pop or tear when the injury happens.
A strain is a stretched or torn muscle or tendon. Tendons are tissues that connect muscle to bone. Twisting or pulling these tissues can cause a strain. Strains can happen suddenly or develop over time. Back and hamstring muscle strains are common. Many people get strains playing sports. Symptoms include pain, muscle spasms, swelling, and trouble moving the muscle.
At first, treatment of both sprains and strains usually involves resting the injured area, icing it, wearing a bandage or device that compresses the area, and medicines. Later treatment might include exercise and physical therapy.
NIH: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Ankle sprain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow sprain -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Foot sprain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hamstring strain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hip flexor strain -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Sprains (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Strains (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tendon repair (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Wrist sprain - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)