Diagnosis Code M63.861
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Manifestation diagnoses Manifestation diagnoses
Manifestation codes describe the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code M63.861 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 728.9 - Muscle/ligament dis NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Also called: Myopathy
Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis.
Causes of muscle disorders include
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- A genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Some cancers
- Inflammation, such as myositis
- Diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- Certain medicines
Sometimes the cause is not known.
- Caring for muscle spasticity or spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Compartment syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Contracture deformity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Creatine phosphokinase test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electromyography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypotonia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle aches (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle atrophy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle function loss (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle twitching (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rhabdomyolysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Weakness (Medical Encyclopedia)