Diagnosis Code M62.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code M62.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Diastasis of muscle
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- diastasis recti complicating pregnancy, labor and delivery (O71.8)
- traumatic separation of muscle- SEE "See"
The "see" instruction following a main term in the Alphabetic Index indicates that another term should be referenced. It is necessary to go to the main term referenced with the "see" note to locate the correct code. strain of muscle by body region
Information for Patients
Also called: Myopathy
Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis.
Causes of muscle disorders include
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- A genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Some cancers
- Inflammation, such as myositis
- Diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- Certain medicines
Sometimes the cause is not known.
- Caring for muscle spasticity or spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Compartment syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Contracture deformity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Creatine phosphokinase test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electromyography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypotonia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle aches (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle atrophy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle function loss (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle twitching (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rhabdomyolysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Weakness (Medical Encyclopedia)